Friday, December 16, 2011

Sweating Him at the Gym

Reader Mail:

Dear Lizzie, 

Everyday I go to the gym to work out and there is this totally hot guy that is there at the same time as me.  Every once in awhile I will catch his eye but he seems shy and I have tried everything from cute workout outfits to new perfume to get him to notice me more and talk to me.  Got any ideas how to get his attention?  

signed,  Sweating Him 


Dear Sweating Him,

Well it seems to me if you have tried everything you can think of to get his attention and it hasn't worked, maybe he just isn't interested.  Maybe he has a girlfriend or he is not into girls.  Clearly he isn't that into you.  How far do you want to go with this?  There comes a point when it isn't cute and you are just embarrassing yourself.  If you are hell bent on getting his attention though I have a suggestion 
Get on the treadmill and halfway through your run just stop and let the treadmill fling you back into the wall.  A real blooper moment.  If that doesn't get his attention then please please just move on.  
If he does indeed come around and ask you out make sure you are ok going with a guy didn't notice you until you made a complete fool of yourself and be prepared to never live it down.  I once dated a guy who noticed me after I ran into a wall, slightly inebriated.  I had to listen to him tell the story to everyone he introduced me to.  You got to wonder what makes a guy like that tick.  And note that I said used to date.

from the looney bin,
Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment